October 01, 2012

Thank you Mother Nature !

I love the nature. When I take a walk with our dog I always look around to see if there is anything I maybe can use in my mini-world. Some things I know where to find since a few years. Like these litte pinecone look-a-likes. A tree in my neighborhood gives as many as I do need the whole year long.




With these 'thorns' it is different. At least I think it are thorns. Last year I found one thorn in front of a row houses that are build at the border of the forest. Last week there were really many thorns on the ground. Immediately I did collect them. I think there were non left when I was ready.


Look how long the longest one is. If you look closely you can see that there is a pattern in the thorn. I already have several things in mind what you can make with these thorns.

There are also some things in nature that are not my favorite. I'm not very fond of everything that crawls and has more than 4 legs. Like this one:

Unfortunately, they come back year after year in our basement. And as you see on the picture it is not the same spider each year. The spider in this matchbox is dead.

That is it for now. Off to start with some assembly line work.
Krin

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea what I can do with a thorn!
    So I am very nosy about your ideas
    Hug & Kiss
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love the know too! Not too keen on the spider though!
    Idske x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoi Krin.

    Ik ben zeer benieuwd wat je hiermee dan gaat doen, ik wacht af ..... ;)

    groetjes
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you can make from the thorns?
    -a wand
    -a cane
    -table legs
    -bars in the back of the chair

    Krin

    ReplyDelete